Thursday, December 31, 2009

Stepping down

I'm officially finished my duties as the head of the journal for the fall 2009 semester. I passed the baton to Jenna, who will actually be in the country for the spring 2010 semester.

This experience has taught me dozens of lessons - some positive, but many negative.

I learned that when it comes down to it, you can't rely on anyone but yourself, but I also learned that miracles in the form of talented people can pop up out of nowhere (thank you Gabby!).

I realized that the people you count on and admire the most aren't necessarily the people who come through for you or who do even the simplest, smallest favors you ask them to. But just when you're about to break, someone who cares will come along and go above and beyond what you expected (thank you Jenna - you're an angel!).

Then there are the board members like Julie Abernathy who, despite her insanely packed school schedule, responsibilities as the President of Rider's STAND chapter, and (understandably) her desire to devote the little free time she has to her boyfriend, she still manages to keep in touch and do the jobs she can handle. She came through at a critical time for the voting process and ensured my sanity.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who submitted, to everyone who supports this project, and to everyone on the board who does her best. Happy New Year and good luck!

~Julie Morcate

No comments: