Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Radio

I am growing to despise the radio. I have come to accept that most of the stuff on it is crap and that there are always going to be offensive songs. And with that in mind, I'm okay with at least listening to anything while I drive.

However, I am completely annoyed by the demeaning lyrics of "Don't Trust Me," specifically in the bridge of the song. If you've never heard it before, here are the specific lyrics in question:

Shush girl, shut your lips,
Do the Hellen Keller and talk with your hips.

I'm not even going to get into the rest of the lyrics, because I know that there are a lot of songs like this out there. It's just that, for some reason, this one is seriously getting under my skin! I'm annoyed that young girls are probably listening to a song that is telling them that they're better off without a voice. Is anyone else bothered by this one? Any other songs that bother you for the same reason this one annoys me?

No comments: