This lady is thankful for . . .
1. My mother not having to carry the thanksgiving turkey by herself to her shopping cart, for the first time in her life (the man she is in a relationship with carried the turkey for her!)
2. Not losing people close to me when I express my needs and how I need them to be met.
3. Being invited.
4. Being uninvited.
5. Long, ridiculous and prolific phone conversations past 10pm.
6. My executive board always thinking of new ideas, and ways to implement them.
7. Enlightening conversations with Rider professors.
8. Meeting, loving, and releasing one of the most academically intelligent people I will meet (being wiser because of that entire process.)
9. Doing reiki on myself and others.
10. Still learning to find the balance between academics and relationships (if there is one).
11. Not crying in bed.
12. Crying in bed.
13. Walking by rivers without my sweater, daring myself to jump in.
14. Holding onto some of my ideas even when they are wildly opposed.
16. Patchouli scented clothing.
17. Not having time to scratch my nose.
18. Understanding my attractions, and no longer being enslaved by them.
19. Saying yes.
20. Saying no.
21. Saying hold on.
22. Accepting peoples' decisions, and not wasting energy trying to change their minds.
23. Smiling instead of weeping at certain thoughts.
24. Socks pulled up to my knees.
25. Translating "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" into mock german opera, while driving in my car.
26. Latin dancing in the dorms.
27. Ignoring creepsters and loving gentle souls, not vice versa.
28. Trying to not curse like a sailor all semester then accidently saying the "f" word while on the phone with my highly religious father, and his suprisingly gentle reaction.
29. Allowing nothing to be the end of the world.
30. Not wasting time with not so great people simply because I need to be held.
31. My space heater.
32. Learning the art of moving slow.
33. Eskimo kisses.
34. The space between the neck and the ear.
35. Squirrels guarding the trash cans at Rider.
36. breathing deeply
37. Laughing so hard that I almost spit my lungs out.
38. Always meaning to paint my nails blue again.
39. The ducks at Rider that huddle and waddle together when it's cold and dark.
40. Video messages on facebook.
41. Jumping on the couch in the girl's bathroom at Rider then jumping off when someone enters.
42. Woman next to me in the library watching a youtube of "american idol" saying aloud to herself, "Aw heyyl no"
43. The quote "wild women never get the blues," from magnet from Whole Foods, it has a picture of elderly women having a jolly good time, getting jiggy, etc
44. organic body soap from whole foods that smells like rosemary
45. Running from the library to my car for no apparent reason, like forrest gump sorta
46. Contemplating for more then a month the pieces to put in a hand made collage for my wall
48. My father asking me what my favorite class is.
49. paula abdul, just kidding
50. Did I mention how wonderful the executive board of HerStory is? Well they are.
51. pale blue eyes.
52. chocolate eyes.
55.dance parties with micheal j.
56. mary oliver
57. tag/soccer/screaming with five year olds
58. being ready
59. not being ready and taking my time for a long time
60. eyebrows (sorry whoopi)
HerStory Head Editor,